Dr. Tony’s Amazing Apple Cinnamon Almond-Flour Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups of Bob’s Red Mill Fine Almond Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of Real Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 5 Tablespoons of Almond or Coconut Milk
- 3 Pasture-Raised Organic Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of Organic Grade B Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon of Organic (Gluten-free) Vanilla (liquid)
- 1 finely Chopped Apple
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. I use the Dry Vitamix Attachment, but you can easily use a bowl.
- Separately, in another bowl, blend the milk, most of the apple, the eggs, the maple syrup, and the vanilla. Set aside the some of the apple for a syrup (topping)
- Combine the two bowls, mix them together, and let them sit for 5 minutes. I use the Vitamix (the Standard Container) to blend them, but you can simply do this by hand if you wish.
- Prepare a cast iron griddle or skillet will a medium flame and Earth Balance Coconut Spread (or Coconut Oil)
- Keep an eye on the flame to make sure that the pancakes do not burn.
- As the pancakes begin to form, they will bubble. The edges will become firm. At the point at which it begins to bubble and firm up, flip the pancake with a metal spatula and cook the other side.
Should make about 12-15 pancakes or 30 silver dollar-sized pancakes
Option 1- While this is warming up, use 2 teaspoons of the Coconut Spread and the rest of the apple, another 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, a touch of vanilla and a Sweetleaf Brand Stevia (to taste) in a sauce pan and begin heating and stirring on a low flame.
Option 2 - For those who are content with their weight: Use the Organic Grade B Maple Syrup.
Option 3 - Puree some apples and cinnamon and make an apple sauce topping